Usage and Caring for your aligners
How to use and care for your aligners
Getting that dream result with Invisalign is simple, but you do have to follow the steps!
To insert them:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before inserting the aligners
2. Make sure you have the proper aligner for the upper or the lower teeth.
3. You may insert either one first
4. Gently push the aligner into place, DO NOT BITE your aligners into position, this may damage them.
5. Wear your aligners for 22-23 hours
6. Only drink luke-warm or cold water with them in
7. If you wear them for less time, let the team know
To clean them:
1. Use lukewarm or cold water and a brush to clean the aligners
2. Do not use mouthwash or denture cleaner to clean the aligner
3. You can use Invisalign cleaning crystals or retainer cleaning tablets from the pharmacy (as you will be changing your aligner every week this usually is not necessary until the last aligner)
4. Maintain excellent oral hygiene and rinse with water or alcohol-free mouthwash after eating or drinking, prior to re-inserting your aligner
To store them:
1. Always use your Invisalign case
2. If you lose or break an aligner, let the team know as soon as possible